Like all Texas businesses, salons and day spas face risks on a daily basis. Fortunately, owners of day spas and salons can protect themselves from these risks by investing in insurance coverage. The exact type of insurance coverage your business needs will depend on the specifics of the business’s operations and the exact risks it faces.
Exploring Coverage Options
Some of the most common types of Texas salon insurance purchased by salons and day spas include:
- Workers’Compensationn – If you have employees, Texas law requires you to purchase workers’ compensation insurance. This type of coverage protects you when employees make claims because of illness or injury.
- Property coverage – Property insurance protects the building where your salon or day spa operates, as well as its contents.
- Professional liability – Professional liability insurance will provide benefits in the event that a client files a claim stating that an employee or independent contractor made serious mistakes while providing services and/or was negligent.
- Abusive acts – If a client makes a claim related to abuse or molestation, abusive acts coverage will apply.
- General liability – General liability coverage is a common type of TX day spa insurance that protects you against general liability claims, such as damage to personal property or personal injury.
- Day spas and salons in Texas need to invest in insurance coverage to protect against risks.
- Some of the types of coverage that should be considered include workers’ compensation, property coverage, professional liability, abusive acts and general liability.
Purchasing Salon Insurance in Texas
Marine Agency understands the insurance coverage needs of salons and day spas. Please contact us today to learn more about a day spa insurance program in TX.