If you own a tattoo and piercing shop in Florida, you want to know that your business is protected from all types of legal claims and financial loss. For this reason, investing in the right insurance policies is essential. However, it is important to note that not all tattooist insurance in Florida is the same. To make the best decisions for your company, you need to research different types of insurance carefully and compare your options before you make a purchase.
Understanding Types of Florida Tattoo Shop Insurance
When you operate a tattoo shop in Florida, you may need several different types of insurance. Some of the most common types of insurance sold in these cases include:
- Professional liability – One of the most important types of insurance you can buy as a tattoo shop owner is professional liability insurance. This type of insurance protects you when customers complain that the services you have provided have caused them some sort of loss.
- General liability – General liability insurance is a necessary purchase for most businesses, including tattoo shops. This type of insurance protects against a variety of claims, including personal injury and property damage.
- Property insurance – In cases where the tattoo shop owns the building in which it operates, your tattoo insurance purchase should include property insurance. Property insurance protects your investment in the event of loss from theft or damage.
- Abusive acts – Abusive acts insurance protects against claims of sexual molestation or physical abuse.
- Workers’ compensation – Like most states, the state of Florida requires employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance. If you have employees, you must purchase this type of coverage.
Buying Tattoo Insurance in Florida
If you own a tattoo shop in Florida, buying the right Florida tattoo and piercing shop insurance is essential. At Marine Agency, we provide customized coverage to customers throughout Florida. Please contact us today to learn more or to request a quote.