When you own a tattoo and piercing shop in the state of Pennsylvania, you need to know that you have adequate insurance coverage. Without this coverage, you may find yourself facing expensive lawsuits or other types of loss. Some types of insurance may even be required by law. Below is some information to help you determine what types of insurance you may need to protect your business.
What Types of Insurance Do You Need?
A variety of different types of PA tattoo insurance are available. Some of the types of insurance coverage your establishment should consider include:
- Workers’ Compensation – Pennsylvania law requires most employers to purchase workers’ compensation insurance opens in a new window coverage to protect their employees in the event of an injury or illness sustained on the job.
- Professional Liability – Professional liability insurance is designed to protect tattoo and piercing artists in the event that a client claims the artist was negligent or made a mistake when providing services.
- Property Insurance – If you own the building that houses your tattoo and piercing shop, you need to protect that building with property insurance.Property insurance provides coverage for your building and its contents.
- General Liability – Tattoo shop insurance opens in a new windowin PA should always include general liability coverage. This type of policy protects against general claims, such as personal injury lawsuits.
Depending on the nature of your business, you may need several different types of insurance to protect yourselves from all possible risks.
- Pennsylvania tattoo shops need insurance coverage to protect against risks.
- Types of coverage that may be necessary include general liability, professional liability, workers’ compensation and property insurance.
Purchasing the Coverage You Need
Purchasing the proper tattoo & piercing shop insurance in PA is essential. Before purchasing any tattooist insurance in PA, be sure to compare your options carefully. At Marine Agency, we are happy to help you find the perfect combination of policies for your tattoo and piercing shop. Please contact us today to learn more about our products and services.