As a the owner of a small to medium-size business, you know you need insurance to protect your business and any investors (including yourself) in the business. While purchasing car insurance or life insurance is relatively straightforward, purchasing business insurance is actually quite an involved matter. In fact, a business insurance plan often includes a number of different policies that are put together to give you the coverage you require.
- Auto Insurance – Whether you occasionally have an employee run out for coffee or you own an entire fleet of vehicles, the proper auto insurance is key.
- Contractor Insurance – If you or your employees are doing contract work, you will need insurance to protect the work that you do.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance – This protects you in case an employee is injured on the job. You will not have to pay out of pocket for his or her time lost from work.
- Liability Insurance – Protecting yourself from injuries on property or from less visible issues like an unemployment lawsuit is important. The right liability policy will ensure that you are protected from nearly any situation that could land you and the business in court.
- Specialty Policies – Nearly every business has certain issues that are specific to them. A dance studio has much different needs from a restaurant, for example. A specialized policy assures that your firm is protected from these types of issues every step of the way.
These examples are only the tip of the iceberg — every business is different, and it is important that you understand exactly what is needed to develop and maintain a beneficial business insurance plan.
You do not have to work through the details of creating a business insurance plan by yourself. Working with an independent agent is an excellent way to make certain you have the coverage you need without paying more than is necessary. If you would like to talk to a true expert in the area of business insurance, call or contact the team at Marine Agency Corp. One of our business insurance specialists will be happy to work with you and put together a coverage plan that fits the needs of your business perfectly — whether you are a contractor, salon owner, baker, mechanic, retailer or anything else!