As we head into the holiday season, business always picks up for seasonal performers. Professionals who entertain for holiday parties range from singers and magicians to dancers and DJs. Many companies realize how important holiday parties are for employee morale opens in a new window, so the holiday season can be especially lucrative for performers who cater to this niche. If you’re one of those professionals picking up a lot of business this time of year, don’t forget about insurance for performers. Marine Agency Insurance carries specialty entertainers and performers insurance that can protect you and your side business from liabilities.
Party Entertainer Insurance
Whether you’re a DJ booking a lot of holiday parties or weddings this season, or a part-time princess for children’s holiday events, you need insurance to protect both you as an individual and your business. Marine Agency has been in business for nearly 100 years, and today we offer a range of specialty insurance for performers just like you — whether you’re a part-time or full-time professional. Coverage and types that we offer include:
- Workers Compensation: If you have any employees, this coverage will be necessary for you in most states. It covers loss of income, injuries, medical bills and more for your employees and/or seasonal assistants.
- Professional Liability: Accidents can happen at any holiday party, especially if things get a bit too exciting. Professional liability protects you against claims of negligence made by a client. (Also referred to as Errors and Omissions coverage.)
- Special Event Coverage: Want coverage for yourself for a specific event opens in a new window? We can do that, too!
- Commercial Auto: Many people don’t realize that their regular auto insurance specifically excludes an accident that happens when your vehicle is being used for business purposes. A commercial auto insurance policy covers you for both personal and business use. This is especially helpful for performers who use their vehicle or a trailer to transport equipment to specialty events.
Coverage is generally extended to the individual performer and up to two assistants, such as a DJ and two persons who help set up equipment; or a Santa Claus along with Mrs. Claus or an elf. We provide coverage to a wide range of different types of performers, from dancers to balloon artists.
Insurance for holiday performers is incredibly important. If an event organizer files a frivolous or groundless case against you, your party entertainer insurance from Marine Agency will cover the investigation and legal costs to defend you. Don’t risk losing your business or your livelihood by performing without specialty insurance.
Performance Insurance Exclusions
If you’re looking for group performer insurance, contact us to discuss whether we will be able to cover you through Marine Agency. Not all types of performers are eligible for coverage under our performer insurance. For example, we do not cover entertainers that use the following as part of their act:
- Pyrotechnics (Fireworks)
Live bands are also excluded from our performer insurance. The best way to determine the type and amount of coverage that you need is to call us and discuss your situation directly with Marine Agency.
Insurance for Performers: Contact Marine Agency Today!
- Coverage for single events or year-round
- Protection for a wide range of different types of holiday performers
- Certain types of performers are excluded (call for details)
- Protect your business from accidental injury and/or frivolous lawsuits
The best time to sign up for entertainers and performers insurance with Marine Agency is before you need it! We offer competitive rates from an extremely stable and highly rated insurance carrier for performers just like you. Get your quote online at http://bit.ly/marineentertainersquote.