If you have a motorcycle, you know the feeling of freedom and adventure it gives you. The warm breeze as you ride along and the scenery passing by provide the unique experience of riding a bike. One way to protect those experiences is to make sure that you have the proper motorcycle insurance.
Marine Agency Insurance offers various personal insurance coverages, including motorcycle insurance so you can maintain your sense of freedom and protection from worry. You can ride to your heart’s content because you know that if something were to happen, you would be covered. You don’t want to put yourself in a bad situation by risking financial devastation in the event of an accident or bike replacement. You put hard work into getting your bike just the way you want it; let us protect it for you.
Why Do You Need Motorcycle Insurance?
The love you have for your motorcycle is a passionate one. You impatiently wait through each winter in anticipation of spring – the time when you can bring your hog out into the world again. You long to be its driver when it is confined to the garage, unable to see the sunlight. Once you are able to ride again, you don’t want to have to worry about everything that could happen. That’s no way to live. It is vital for you to protect your bike with the best motorcycle insurance policy from a trusted insurance agency.
How Does Motorcycle Insurance Work?
The DMV’s website opens in a new window will show you the requirements for motorcycles in each state. In New Jersey, law dictates that all motorcycle operations must carry current insurance, including both bodily injury liability and property damage liability. Not only are the protections insurance offers you, your bike and others you may come in contact with a luxury, but you are required to have them. You don’t want to get caught without insurance in any situation.
What does the Insurance Cover?
- Bodily Injury Liability.
- Property Damage Liability.
- Motorcycle Medical Payments Coverage.
- Guest Passenger Liability.
- Towing and Labor Costs.
There are additional auto insurance policy options available. Many of them are based on an agreed-upon value of the bike.
- Accessory coverage. Of course you want to make your bike your own by adding your own touches and accessories. It shows the world who you are. You don’t want your bike to look like everyone else’s. This is a passion and you want to customize it. This coverage can cover custom parts and equipment you add to your bike. If something were to happen, this will help you get your bike back to the one you know and love; back to the one you put so much work into when you picked out each piece.
- Transport Trailer coverage. In the event that something happens to the trailer you use to transport your bike to all your favorite spots, you are covered. Maybe your favorite spot to ride is further away than it makes sense to ride on the bike. If something happens to the trailer, your favorite spot is suddenly out of reach. By applying coverage to the trailer, you’ll be on your way to riding in whatever location you choose.
- Roadside Assistance.
- Comprehensive and Collision coverage. Comprehensive coverage will pay for damage or loss of your motorcycle in the event of something other than a collision with another vehicle. These would be things such as theft, fire, vandalism, a windstorm and colliding with an animal. This is great to have because then you are covered in a large variety of accidents or situations out of your control.
- Bodily Injury/Property Damage Liability.
- Uninsured or Under-Insured Motorist coverage.
- Rental Vehicle coverage.
- Total Loss coverage. This coverage is paid out at the agreed upon value of the bike at the time of the new policy. There will be no depreciation.
- On-road coverage for off-road vehicles.
- Trip Interruption.
- Medical Payments.
Why is Motorcycle Insurance Coverage a Great Investment?
Marine Agency is the number one bike insurer and can provide you with coverage rates for as little as $75 per year. Since it is relatively inexpensive, you are able to get full and complete coverage for under $250 per year.
You are also eligible for additional discounts by taking motorcycle safety courses and associated club memberships. Talk to a professional agent today to help advise you on the best course of action for you to get you properly protected out on the road!