When you are preparing to walk down the aisle, insurance may be the furthest thing from your mind. As you focus on the style of your dress or the theme of the reception, it may seem like nothing could go wrong. However, because weddings are such expensive events, insurance coverage is an important consideration.
If you are planning a wedding, the answers to the following questions will help you make sure you have the coverage you need.
What is wedding insurance?
Wedding insurance is insurance coverage designed to protect your investment in your wedding in the event of a cancellation or postponement due to circumstances beyond your control. Situations wedding insurance may protect against include damage to your wedding gown, stolen gifts or a canceled wedding due to inclement weather.
Do I need wedding insurance?
If you are investing a significant amount of money in your ceremony, reception and/or other wedding-related expenses, you can benefit from wedding insurance. Weddings are a significant investment, and you can never be sure that all of your planned events will take place as expected. You never now when a storm or an accident could impact your plans and cause significant financial loss.
What is covered by my wedding insurance?
Not all wedding insurance policies are the same, and coverage can vary considerably. For this reason, it is important to find out exactly what your policy covers before you make a purchase. As you review different wedding insurance policies, be sure to look for the following types of coverage:
- Injury or sickness – Some wedding insurance policies provide coverage in the event that one of the people essential to the ceremony becomes sick or injured.
- Issues with a job – Certain issues with the bride or groom’s job, such as a military deployment or a sudden job relocation, may be covered under some wedding insurance policies.
- A vendor who doesn’t show up – One of the most common wedding emergencies involves a vendor who does not show up on the day of the ceremony and must be replaced at the last minute, often at a much higher price. Many wedding insurance policies will cover this type of problem.
- Inclement weather – Bad weather can cause problems with a wedding quickly, especially if the wedding is being held outside. Most wedding event insurance policies have provisions that cover the costs of postponing a wedding due to inclement weather, but the specifics of these provisions can vary.
- Coverage for the site – Many wedding venues carry their own insurance in the event of a catastrophe that affects your event. However, if your venue doesn’t carry this type of insurance, it is important to choose a wedding insurance policy that covers the site.
- Liability – Wedding liability insurance covers incidents that occur when a guest or participant is injured during the event.
Am I choosing the right provider?
Different wedding insurance providers exist. To ensure that you have all of the coverage you need from a reliable source, you need to compare your options carefully before you make a decision.
- Weddings are very expensive, and a postponement or cancellation can be costly.
- Wedding insurance can protect your investment in your venue, dress and other important expenses.
- When choosing a wedding insurance policy, you should compare policies carefully to ensure that you are making the right decision.
Wedding insurance is a valuable investment for anyone planning a ceremony and/or reception. If you are interested in purchasing affordable and reliable wedding insurance, please contact Marine Agency today to learn more.