In the social media age, looking your best has never been more important. In fact, people of all ages across the US are spending more on beauty treatments and medispa services than they ever have before. Once thought to be something only women invested their time and hard-earned money in, the modern man is now also a client who wants to look and feel younger. Research suggests that rejuvenating aging faces can help both men and women to feel more confident in all areas of their lives, allowing them to have more fun.
From anti-wrinkle treatments to facials and laser hair removal, finding the fountain of youth isn’t the long hard road that it used to be. With the help of experienced technicians and savvy business owners, beauty clients are now able to enjoy the premier medispa experience on a grand scale. Whether they’re simply interested in a few tips to look younger or they want a complete beauty overhaul, the potential to grow your small business while keeping your clients coming back for more has never been greater!
Medispa Industry Statistics
- Common services offered at medispas in the US include Botox injections, microdermabrasion, dermal fillers, dermaplaning, laser hair removal, hair replacement, liposuction, microblading, permanent makeup, skin resurfacing, surgical body contouring and more.
- A 2017 study showed that there are 4,200 medical spas across the US
- In 2017, the medispa industry generated more than $3.97 billion and research suggests that the growth trajectory for the industry is at 8%
- Research indicates that in 2016, the average medical spa revenue was $945,000, this number was up 6.9% from the previous year
- The top 3 revenue-generating treatments offered in today’s medispas include Botox injections/facial fillers, laser hair removal, and aesthetician services
- The states with the most medical spas per capita include #1 Texas, #2 California and #3 Florida
- 85% of the people who regularly visit medical spas are women but the share of male customers in the US is on the rise. Because of this, more medical spas are marketing towards men and working to update their facilities to make them more male-friendly.
- 40% of the medical spas in the Us are located in the South, with 25% located in the Western region, 22% located in the Midwest, 13% located in the Northeast/New England and less than 1% located in the Pacific.
- Studies also show that most medical spa clients are interested in finding the fountain of youth as 52% are aged 35-54 years old. However, nearly 30% of medispa clients are Baby Boomers or over 55 years old. But that doesn’t mean that younger clients aren’t interested in maintaining their looks as well, as 17% of medispa clients are Millennials aged 17-34 years.
Protect Your Growing Business with MediSpa Insurance
As more and more people discover the amazing benefits of medispa services, your business is sure to grow. If the numbers are correct, most medical spa owners in the US can expect their growth trajectory to increase by nearly 10% in 2018. This new research also suggests that if medical spas want to help share their tips to look younger with new clients, they should start making changes to the way they market. Men are more interested in health and beauty than ever before and are ready to embrace premier medispa services.
With the industry growing at such a high rate, it’s important that medispa owners do everything they can to protect their assets. In addition to employing a great staff and maintaining a welcoming environment for new clients, the best way to safeguard your small business is to invest in comprehensive medispa insurance. Interested in learning more about total insurance protection for your medispa? Visit the team at Marine Agency Insurance online today to get a quote.